November 12, 2011

Shabby Chic

Excited to show you all our new purchase! There are only 2 items of which I have spent a lot of money on, but felt 100% happy and satisfied I did. There is nothing worse than splurging on something way too over priced, not being able to take it back, only "sorta liking it", and living with the guilty feeling of "I never could have afforded that in the first place, WHY did I buy it?", and now you're eating rice until you get paid again. Well, this is the 3rd item I've spent that was probably a bit 'out of our budget', but that I know I will take to every home we move to, and will keep forever:


I've had my eye on these 2 side tables for our bedroom at my fav store, for at least 3 months. When I went back to find them about a month ago, Donna the owner, told me they were already purchased and on hold in the back. Well, last weekend, Adam and I saw them in the window again and got really excited but I knew they were out of our price range (the pair for $400). We went in anyway, looked around, and decided we really couldn't spend that much. So today, a week later, we went back and saw them still sitting in the window. I told Adam how much I still loved them and could picture them in our bedroom. Adam decided to bargain with her since we have already spent so much money in her store, his girlfriend really loves them, blah blah. Well, it worked! She took $100 off . She informed us that the woman who put them on hold, never came to pick them up, and that she felt they were meant to be in my hands since she could tell how much I wanted them. Sometimes it's hard to not let money get in the way of something you really love, but we decided to cut back on other things in order to make the splurge. I hope to be able to distress furniture as well as this artist did, but we sure did a good job HERE, when I go back and compare. If you're a shabby chic loving person like me, good luck in your search! Try inputting "shabby chic" in your craigslist search and see what you come up with... we have had good luck with that too, but that's another blog spot.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment