November 9, 2011

getaway

   It's been awhile since I just rambled, so tonight is the night. (Lucky you)! I don't know how many times I've wandered off into lost thought about dropping all of my priorities and taking off. Escaping and making a drastic change of scenery to a place I've never been and where no one knows my name. My absolute dream would be to spin a globe around in a circle and lightly drag my finger on it until it stops; booking that plane ticket wherever I land. (As long as it's nowhere near the middle east or North Africa, Nepal-ish area, or North Korea of course;) I'm sure I could x-nay a few more countries where single women should not be traveling alone, but you get the idea). No cameras would be allowed, because this trip would be for my memory only. A journal would be the only way to document anything, and when I got home, I wouldn't share it with anyone. As you can see, I've mapped this out a few times.


   I'm so fortunate to have a man who allows me to have these far fetched ideas while still knowing how much I love him as well as holding onto his own confidence. Our bond is stronger than anything and he knows there's nothing that could ever break us. Adam gives me a sense of security, confidence, comfort, and just that feeling that "we can do anything as long as we're together". I'm blessed, and thank God every single night of my life, for giving this perfect man to me. None of that takes away however, the pure fact of just how independent I really am. I'm extremely self sufficient and have never had the feeling of dependence on another person. My parents taught my sister and I to be strong women and that "no man will make you happy, if you're not happy first!" I have found a world of truth in that.
   I have no problem going to a bar in the middle of the day, ordering a drink and sitting alone with a really good book. (cough cough -aussie land)! I have definitely hopped in my car while being bored, with absolutely no where to go, listening to my favorite CD, while heading north on PCH 101. Being totally alone is a necessity for me, and a part of me that I enjoy tapping into at times.
   Although my getaway plan is highly unlikely to happen at this point in my life, it is still fun to get lost in day dreams. But we think it's really important for each of us to have our space and alone time, not referring to girls or guys nights, but just being totally solo. There are heaps of things you can figure out about yourself when both your computer and cell phone are turned off. A book, or a walk to a new place, no music or distractions... now I'm going into my happy place again. Where's yours? Try a media off approach. We've made a pact to start doing this once a month, for at least a couple hours. May sound odd to others, but to us, we're actually really excited about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment