November 15, 2011

Apple Crisps

   These are such a healthy and easy snack. All you need are apples and cinnamon, bake at 250 for 2 hours, maybe more, since not all ovens are exact. Be sure not to slice the apples too thin, as they will burn and cook much quicker than the rest. Cut out the center core, sprinkle cinnamon and bake!
   As always, I try give credit back to the original blog when it wasn't my idea. BUT, I have been searching everywhere and can't find the original recipe! Silly Pinterest, with all it's recipes that we love so much;) Some call for a higher baking temp for a shorter time or white sugar to be mixed with the cinnamon. I will admit that this is harder than it looks and I attempted this 3 times before getting it right. Here are a few hints that I wish I knew first: *Don't slice too thin, even though some recipes suggest to. Mine burned right away and cooked much faster than the thicker slices. *Don't add butter or even oil... it burned mine almost instantly, and that just adds way more calories. *I didn't add any white or brown sugar, as apples are sweet enough and cinnamon is pretty overpowering. (And, I'm a dental hygienist).


And I promise they taste much better than they look ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment