November 13, 2013

after yoga smoothie :)

I absolutely love coming home and making a green smoothie after I practice. I was out of spinach tonight so I just fished around in my fridge and threw something together. Now, I'm hooked on this one, it was so delish! 
I tossed in a handful of organic strawberries* and poured in enough almond milk to cover them up. I blend all that together first to get the blender going, adding a little water if it gets stuck. Then I added a whole banana and dumped in a bunch of chia seeds. Bananas are VERY good for us after we work out because of it's high content of potassium which we lose during sweating. It also brings our energy levels back up, and refuels us, due to it's carbohydrate and protein contents!



Again, I never make exact measurements, I just go with taste and how much I'm looking to eat. IE: sometimes I toss in more spinach if I haven't had my greens for that day. I definitely forgot to add honey in this but will next time. ENJOY!

*Strawberries are one of the foods that harbor the greatest amount of pesticides because they lack a skin, and they have all those grooves that collect junk. So always always always buy them organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment