October 5, 2011

happy here

Trying to hop on the blog wagon and really start doing this much more frequently because people are actually reading!! The stats are getting higher and I got my first email from a stranger, so thank you! Whether this gets any recognition or not, blogging is enjoyable and relaxing for me. :)

After living right smack in the middle of downtown San Francisco for 3 months now, everything as I know it to be, has changed. My southern California lifestyle has been forced to take a turn, although I will always do my best to keep that aspect of my life intact up here. For now, the sounds, the smells, and my view from our 4th floor tiny apartment are all different. In San Diego, we woke up to the smell of salt water, birds making me want to stay in bed awhile longer, and palm trees shading our two private balconies. Now, I smell rain because that's what happens here, the sounds are car horns and ambulances, and I can see a partial city skyline from my bed. Two very different worlds but I love them both. ;)

Our Indian summer usually comes mid September through October. You can bet the first 80 degree weekend we got, Adam and I headed straight for the beach. (Along with every other San Franciscan)

They really do appreciate nice beach weather since there are very few days out of the year where this actually happens. Adam and I then walked up to a couple trails to check out the view. The rugged coast line and pine trees are so different than Southern California.

For now, this is home and I'm happy here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment