October 21, 2011

keep young

This past weekend, my girlfriend of 22 years tied the knot. My parents, sister and brother all attended which made for such a special time with family and close friends. I'll touch more on weddings later, but I wanted to make this post about my gorgeous little brother, Brian. He's almost 12 and just started middle school. But he's unlike most pre-teens, still so innocent and loves his sisters without being embarrassed about it. (I wonder how long this will last?!) He also loves my SLR camera and is taking better pictures with it than I ever could. I wanted to share these because it's neat to look at the world from a 6th grade point of view, and as I was flipping through these I thought, "I never would have taken that, this is so cool." This kid keeps me young and keeps me laughing hysterically every time I'm with him. I forget that I'm 26 and for a minute I get to see the simplicity of life. So, with that said, what keeps you young? I feel like this is such an important question that is often ignored, or rarely thought about. But what a liberating feeling it is to be young again... even for a minute. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment