October 22, 2013

NYC trip!

For this post, I'm going to dive right into my unbelievable trip to NYC! Ready. Here I go:
Well first let me back up. In early 2012, I went to see Matt Nathanson at the iconic Fillmore here in San Francisco. The adorable girl (and her drummer), who opened up for him was Rachel Platten. I immediately fell in love with them both (but mostly Rachel ;-), and after the show I went home and looked up their tour. A few months later they were back in San Francisco so I rounded some troops and went to watch them play again. We were able to meet them, they signed some CD's, took pics with us, etc. Craig and I kept in touch for a year and a half after that, just talking yoga and travel mostly since those 2 subjects really interest us. A few months ago he told me he was going to be back in San Francisco, this time playing with the also very talented, Brendan James. I went to watch them and briefly was able to reconnect with Craig! With all of that being said, he lives in New Jersey and it was a perfect excuse for me to take a long, overdue vacation to the east coast! A month later I flew out and was able to experience both Jersey City and NYC from a locals perspective. I was so blown away and I can't wait to go back!! Craig and I had an unforgettable 5 days together . We look at life through such a similar lens. We both love yoga, we care about the food we put into our bodies, and we believe in something bigger than just what this earth has to offer. It was an absolutely beautiful week, and Craig is not only gorgeous on the outside but on the inside as well. I left feeling extremely blessed!
On to the photos.......

The first night Craig and Brendan played a benefit show for Alzheimer's Disease. 
Rachel came, I was a little starstruck I have to admit!

Here's NYC from Jersey City. It was too massive to get in one picture. Craig later told me I could have taken a panoramic photo on my iPhone, but I'm slightly illiterate ;-)

 That tall one is the Freedom Tower where the twin towers used to be.

I got to see my girlfriend Liz from San Diego! This is the view from her UNREAL rooftop in Manhattan!!!!!!


Again, it was just way too massive to get in one picture, and seeing the city from this roof was truly amazing, I was in total awe.

Girls Dinner! Katie, Liz, Linsey & Me!

Bob Dylan started playing here:

 Jimi Hendrix here

Washington Square Park, loved it here!!!

Craig & I in Central Park- can we say BEST TOUR GUIDE EVER!!!

Absolutely hilarious roller skate party in Central Park, our stomachs were hurting so bad from laughing so hard.

Got to watch Craig and his friend John play for a second time in Queens!

Empire State Building from the highline.

 We walked the Brooklyn Bridge at night..stunning!


 Times Square at 3am!!!

All in all, it was such a memorable weekend with the best company around. I can't wait to go back, it feels like part of me was left behind anyway. Until next time!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment