December 10, 2011

52 reasons

This has been the most meaningful gift I have ever given anyone which makes me extremely excited to share it! Something I haven't shared on facebook or talked to anyone about except my close friends and family, is that recently, a very close family member was diagnosed with a super scary form of cancer. I won't even go into depth on here because it's too painful and for me, being private about family things is important. If you have ever had the "C" word bombard itself into your family, you understand how hard it is just to feel like you're helping. For weeks, I didn't know what I could possibly do to help her. Then, lovely pinterest gave me a great idea.

I found a blue deck of cards (Blue because for us, it's a fighting color. All of our toe nails are painted blue:) and asked my entire family and her closest friends to help me in what I think is such a remarkable gift. Everyone gave me reasons why they love her. The outpour was bigger than I ever imagined! I ran out of cards and even debated using 2 decks. I wrote out the reasons on pieces of paper, and glued them on each card, punched a hole in the top, and found an old shower curtain ring to hold them all together. I cried while receiving email after email, both from those who raised me and those I had never met. This whole time I knew I was doing something special for someone I love, but really, she was doing something in me I never would have expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment