August 10, 2011

cheesiest garlic bread

For those of you who know me well, know that I am obsessed with cheese. I could possibly even be part mouse. We usually have anywhere from 3-4 different types of cheese in our fridge at any given time. Garlic would be my next obsession and the fact that it is so good for you, gives me an excuse to make this at least once a week. :) Garlic bread is simple to make, but this is our favorite way to do it, and I figured it out myself after trying too many variations. I know, I know.... I said I was going to add healthy recipes but we know there is no problem indulging now and then ;) So go ahead..... INDULGE!
(this serving was 3 small slices of bread (we use Trader Joe's sourdough- no preservatives!).

chop 2-3 cloves of garlic finely and sauté with a teaspoon of butter, stir with a wooden spoon rapidly so the garlic doesn't burn.


Dip bread into pan and rub garlic and butter all over it. Sprinkle with sea salt (Himalayan salt- it's pink, is even better) and pepper. We have also added finely chopped fresh basil at this step.




Sprinkle grated parmesan on top, while laying long slices of mozzarella over the top. (double YUM!)


Throw in the oven and bake @ around 350, just to melt the cheese and toast bread, while your chicken or fish is finishing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment